There are so many ways for people to give to those in need: Food drives, toy drives, monetary donations – you name it, someone has thought of a way to help other people. One of the great things about this world we live in is there is no shortage of ways to give back.
That’s why I’m pleased to announce my participation in this year’s Giving Is Awesome campaign. I chose Giving Is Awesome as my catalyst for giving back this season because it allows me to bring joy to a family’s life in the best way I know how – through beautiful images of their shining faces.
So, this year I am giving away a portrait session (a $450 value) to one deserving person, couple or family. At first I thought of limiting the contest to families only, but then I realized that whether or not a person has family should not make them less than deserving. Same goes for couples. The point is, no one is immune to hard times, so I’m not excluding anyone.
You likely know someone who’s experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can’t afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family’s spirit, love and beauty.
I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography. It is in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.
Here’s the deal:
- To enter, fill out the form below and tell me WHY this person, couple or family deserves this photo session. The more you tell me, the better, as helping me understand what they have or are going through will increase their chances of winning. Those nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-vacation-home in Paris does not qualify as sincere financial need.)
- You cannot nominate yourself.
- Those nominated must live in Southern California, or at least planning to visit before February 2010.
- Prize is non-transferable.
- The lucky winner will be chosen by me and my panel of judges (ie. my husband).
- The deadline for entries is December 20th.
- The winner will be announced here on the blog on Christmas Eve!
Open your heart to someone this holiday season – and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine.