I wanted to take a moment out of our regularly scheduled programming to wish all of my family, friends and clients a very happy Thanksgiving. This year has been filled with blessings and challenges and I really wouldn’t have changed a thing. In truth, it’s been one of the biggest years of my life in terms of life changes, so I wanted to take a minute to reflect and list the things I am thankful for.
This year, I am thankful for:
- Chris. This year I became his wife, officially making me the luckiest woman on the planet.
- Photography. Bringing this craft to the forefront of my life this year has been nothing short of amazing. I fall in love with what I do more and more each day and feel so lucky to have found my “thing.”
- My family. Both sides! I’m very thankful for the family that has always been a part of my life and this year my family has grown exponentially. The Ryders and their extended family are some of my favorite people in the world and I honestly feel as if I’ve won the lottery by marrying into this bunch. Seriously. You have no idea how great my family is.
- Frasier. Our little pooch is indeed our furry baby. We adore him and can’t imagine life without him at this point. He had surgery on Monday to remove a very large fatty tumor (lypoma) from his abdomen. He’s been very out of sorts these past few days and we thought he was having some complications but we just got back from the animal hospital and so far all is well. I am so very thankful that he is home with us where we can nurse him back to health.
- You. Whoever you are. Whether you’re a fellow photographer who stops by to view my work silently, or through the comments you leave here. Whether youre a past or future client. Whether you’re a friend or family member who is checking to see what I’ve been up to. Or even if you just happened by randomly through a web search. I’m thankful that, for whatever reason, you have visited me here. The images I create aren’t just for me. They are for anyone who is willing to take a look. They are my contribution to this world. Thank you for taking the time to stop by.
Here’s a recent shot of Frasiser. Can you blame me for being so in love with this little guy?
I hope you have a wonderful holiday, whatever you do. What are you thankful for?